Happy Friday everyone, the weekend is here and if you plan to bake how about making these delicious cupcakes.
I can’t tell you enough, how much I love this cupcake recipe, these cupcakes are so moist and fluffy.
The combination of flavors in these cupcakes, along with the Hot Cinnamon Tea frosting, is incredible.
I really enjoy a light frosting, like this one, that is made without any butter and that just melts in your mouth. And if you love apples and cinnamon, I highly recommend that you try out this recipe. I promise you will be so glad you did!
APPLE CINNAMON VANILLA CUPCAKES
- 200 gram unsalted butter, room temp
- 300 gram white sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temp
- 400 gram all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon ( optional)
- 500 ml heavy cream 35 to 40 %, slightly warm
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
- 4 medium-size apples ( I use pink lady apples)
- 60 gram pecans or walnuts, chopped
HOT CINNAMON TEA FROSTING
- 500 ml of heavy cream
- 4 hot cinnamon tea bags ( see tip)
- 250 gram mascarpone, cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
- 100 to 170-gram confectionary sugar, sifted
- Cinnamon candy for decoration ( optional)
Directions for the hot cinnamon tea frosting;
- Line two 12 cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Preheat your oven to 180C°/350F°
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a standing mixer bowl attach with the whisk attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 6 minutes.
- Add all of the eggs, flour mixture, the slightly warm heavy cream, vanilla paste, grated apple, and beat on the lowest setting until well mixed, but not more than 40-60 seconds.
- Stir in diced pecans or walnuts, if so desired, and combine with your spatula.
- Scoop the batter into baking cups with an ice cream scooper, so that each cup is about 3⁄4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Transfer the pans to a wire rack to cool for 1 minute and then remove from baking pans, and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- When ready to frost the cupcakes,
- Take the tea flavored cream out of the fridge, remove the tea bags, squeeze the flavorful cream out of the tea bags. Discard the tea bags.
- In a standing mixer bowl, fitted with the whisk attachment, add cold mascarpone, sifted confectionary sugar, vanilla bean paste, and the cold cinnamon tea-infused cream.
- With your mixer on medium speed, mix until the mixture is fluffy about 2-3 minutes.
- I use cinnamon tea from “Harvey and Sons”, ( not an add just love this brand) they have one with extra hot cinnamon as well perfect for flavoring frostings. Whatever brand you use, use one that you prefer, if your tea is not that strong in flavor you might need to add more tea bags.
Step by step how to make the tea frosting;
Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find the step by step pictures for the cupcakes in my hard drive, will look further and post it below if I find it. make sure to read the instructions for the cupcakes, before you start to make them.