Hey you all
Third Sunday of Advent already, time just seems to fly by!
I hope you are looking forward to Christmas, and to have some day´s off!
For me, Christmas is the busiest time of the year at least in my kitchen, because I love to spoil my loves
I know a lot of people start their baking weeks before Christmas I start the day before, I just love to serve things fresh!
This year we are having a gift-free Christmas, and that exactly feels amazing, no stress!
Today I made sugar-coated almonds I will use it for a filling in a cake, and of course, enjoy some myself!
These sugar-coated almonds are great for gifting when you visit your friends this Christmas and so easy and fast to make!
SUGAR COATED ALMONDS
- 3 3/4 cups ( 500 gram ) whole almonds
- 1 1/3 cup ( 300 gram ) sugar
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoon ( 80 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla powder or vanilla bean paste ( optional)
- Combine the almonds, sugar, water, and vanilla in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat
- Stir at all times and make sure that the almonds are completely coated with the sugar mixture.
- Keep stirring constantly until the sugar has crystallized and the water has evaporated,
- Keep stirring until you get this sugary look on the almonds and some of the sugar has turned into a golden caramel.
- Spread the warm almonds on a greased baking sheet and let cool completely.
- Enjoy, or give it away as a gift.
- Store at room temperature, in an airtight container, up to a few weeks.
Have a wonderful Sunday you all, Love Manuela
If you don’t know how to make these; I do have a video on my YouTube Channel, only difference is this recipe has more sugar and I don’t toast my almonds first and I first melt the sugar before adding the almonds.