Happy Tuesday you all.
I hope your weekend was good.
Sharing the recipe for waffle cookies, As a child, these were one of my favorite cookies. My mom would make waffle cookies mainly for the holidays. They are traditional Norwegian cookies.
In case you have never tried one before, the flavor is similar to that of vanilla cake but with a very crispy edge. I added confetti to the batter for a colorful cookie, but the original cookies do not have confetti!
CONFETTI WAFFLE COOKIES
- 4 LARGE EGGS, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1 EGG YOLK
- 1 1/4 CUPS(270 G)GRANULATED SUGAR
- 2 1/2 CUPS + 1 TABLESPOON (300 G)potato starch
- 2 1/4 CUPS (250 G) ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 2 TEASPOONS BAKING POWDER
- 17 TABLESPOONS (250 G) BUTTER, MELTED
- 1 TABLESPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT
- CONFETTI (OPTIONAL)
- In a standing mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment, mix the eggs, egg yolk, sugar, and vanilla bean paste until pale and airy.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, potato starch, and baking powder; whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, followed by the melted butter.
- Mix to combine, about 1 minute.
- If you would like, add a few spoonfuls of confetti to the batter.
- Heat your waffle iron. Grease if necessary and ladle the batter into the waffle iron.
- Cook for about 1. minutes, until the waffle cookies are light golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining batter.
- The waffles will keep fresh for several days in an airtight container.
Have a great day you all, love Manuela xoxo
Step by step pictures below ⤵️