Hi everyone ♥
I hope your day is going well, A few days ago I made a moist hazelnuts cake, filled with a very fresh raspberry cream and passionfruit.
This cake is so easy to make, and ready in less than an hour all together.
The cake is light and the frosting is just a juice dream.
I hope you will love it and try it.
Hazelnuts cake with raspberry frosting
- 4 large eggs, at room temp
- 3/4 cup + 1/8 cup (200 gram) sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (200 gram)ground hazelnuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup (70 gram )rice flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla sugar
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons (100 ml) heavy cream, in room temp
Homemade raspberry jam
- 250 gram frozen raspberry
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups ( 500 ml) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup ( 35 gram) powdered sugar, optional
- 100 gram homemade raspberry jam ( see recipe above)
- 3 passionfruit
Directions for the hazelnuts cake
- Preheat your oven to 350F° (180C°), Grease the bottoms of two 8 x 2-inch round cake pans and line with parchment.
- In a medium bowl combine the ground hazelnuts, cornstarch, baking powder and vanilla sugar.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs and sugar on medium, and continue beating for 8 minutes.
- The batter should be very thick. When the whisk is lifted, the batter should ribbon from it back into the batter in the bowl. ( see picture below)
- Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients, and with a spatula carefully combine.
- Add the other 1/2 of the dry ingredients and heavy cream, and with a spatula carefully combine.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared pans.
- Bake two pans in the center of the oven until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 15-20 minutes. ( mine took 15 minutes)
- Let the cake layers cool in the pans on wire rack for 10 minutes, Using a knife, loosen the sides of the cakes and carefully turn them out onto a wire rack.
- Peel off the paper and let cool completely.
Directions for the raspberry jam;
- In a medium saucepan add all the ingredients and place over medium heat to warm, stirring constantly about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and let it cool completely
- Pour into a clean mason jar, seal tightly and refrigerate until use
Directions for the raspberry Frosting
- In a bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, mix the cold heavy cream, and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Blend in added about 4-5 tablespoons of the cooled raspberry jam using a spatula to combine.
How to decorate the Cake;
- Place your first cake layer on your cake stand
- Place about 1/2 of the raspberry frosting on the first cake layer and use a small offset palette knife to spread an even layer.
- Cut passionfruit in half with a sharp knife and scoop out the edible seeds and juicy flesh, Divide it on top of the raspberry frosting
- Add the next layer; put it on bottom up so that the top of your cake will be as flat as possible.
- Place the last layer is on top, ( Note, take a look at the cake from above as this is the best way to see if the layers lined up.
- Top the cake with the rest of the raspberry frosting, extending it over the edge all around and decorate it in homemade style.
- Enjoy right away.
Have a wonderful day you all.
Love Manuela xo
Step by step pictures;