Hi, You all♥
The weekend is here and maybe it is the perfect time for some of you to bake.
This is a moist 2 layers chocolate cake, it is filled with a delicious mocca frosting that is light and just melts in your mouths. I add a fudge filling in between the layers it is gooey and so delicious! Honestly, this cake is amazing just without the fudge, but if you love it a bit sweet and love fudge, try this recipe!
I added two simple cherry on top, it looks so pretty.
This cake is so easy to make, and you can make this cake in no time.
Mocca dream Cake
Daim Chocolate Fudge
- 1/4 cup (25 gram) powdered sugar, optional
- 9 tbsp. (125 gram) butter cut into 1- inch pieces
- 1 1/8 cup ( 200 gram) milk chocolate with Daim candy, or just use milk chocolate instead.
- 1 tbsp. espresso coffee, strong in flavor, optional
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons (150 ml) heavy cream
Chocolate Cake ( makes 2 x 8-inch 20 cm cakes)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon (125 gram butter) ,melted
- 1 1/8 cup ( 250 gram) sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temp
- 2 cups )225 gram) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tsp.(35 gram)cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (200 ml)buttermilk, room-temperature
- 1/3 cup (100 ml)strong brewed coffee at room temp
- 2 cups (500 ml) heavy cream, cold
- 7 oz. (250 gram) mascarpone, cold
- 1/2 cup ( 60 gram) powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp. vanilla bean paste or vanilla sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons strongly brewed coffee ( add more if you like more coffee flavor just make sure the coffee is totally cold)
Directions for the Daim Chocolate Fudge (see step by step pictures↓)
- In a medium-size saucepan, add powdered sugar, heavy cream, butter, chocolate, salt, and coffee.
- Warm it over medium heat, stir at all times, until the chocolate/butter is melted and there are no lumps, around 10 minutes.
- Let it cool in the saucepan, once cool place the saucepan in the fridge from 30 minutes up to a 1 hour, all depending on how cold your fridge is.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl, before you place it in the fridge.
Directions for the Chocolate Cake;
- Preheat your oven to 392F°(200C°)
- In a small saucepan melt and cool your butter.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip up your eggs and sugar until tripled in volume, about 7 minutes.
- Add in the cooled butter and carefully combine with a spatula.
- In a bowl sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients in the bowl of the whipped eggs together with the buttermilk, combine carefully with a spatula.
- Add the other 1/2 of the dry ingredients together with the brewed coffee.
- Carefully combine with a spatula until lump-free.
- Divide the batter into the prepared baking pans.
- Bake on392F°(200C°)for about 20-25 minutes,
- The cake is done when the top springs back when very lightly touched in the center, and the edges just begin to pull away from the edge of the pan. A toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place on a rack to cool completely before removing it from the pan.
Directions for the Mocca Frosting;
- In a bowl of a stand mixer add heavy cream, mascarpone, powdered sugar, and vanilla and mix for a few minutes until fluffy.
- Add the cooled brewed coffee, and combine with a spatula. If the frosting seems to firm,simply add some cold heavy cream or cold brewed coffee and combine with a spatula.
Directions on how to decorate the cake;
- Place the first chocolate layer on your cake stand.
- On the first layer, place a large dollop ( about 1/4 of the frosting) of the mocha frosting and use a small offset palette knife to spread into an even layer.
- Take 1/4 of the mocha frosting and place it into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip ( such as #1A)
- Pipe a dam of frosting around the perimeter of the cake layer, and then spread the fudge filling inside. ( don’t add all of the fudge, it will make the cake too sweet, about 1/2 is more than enough)
- Place your final layer on top, take a look at the cake from above as this is the best way to see if the layers lined up.
- Top the entire cake with the remaining mocha frosting, using a small offset palette knife, spread the frosting over the cake, extending it all over the edge all around.
- Enjoy the cake right away or refrigerate.
I hope you all are going to have an amazing weekend, with lots of sunshine.
Love Manuela xox
Step by step pictures;
Directions for how to decorate the cake;