I love pistachio nuts, I use it to make cupcakes or cakes, in recipes that call for grounded almonds.
This pistachio frosting is so good and so easy to make.
This frosting is stable enough to pipe on cupcakes, make sure you use a large open nozzle.
- 2 ¼ CUPS (500 ML) HEAVY CREAM, COLD USE ONE WITH HIGH BUTTERFAT 40%
- 1 CUP (240 G) MASCARPONE, COLD
- 100-200 GRAM CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR/POWDERED SUGAR, SIFTED*
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT
- 100 GRAM SUPERFINE GROUNDED PISTACHIO NUTS,
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PISTACHIO FROSTING
- Pour heavy cream, mascarpone, confectionary sugar and vanilla into a bowl.
- Whisk until fluffy, it takes just a few minutes.
- Add, superfine grounded pistachio nuts, with a spatula combine.
- It´s ready to fill your cakes or to pipe on your cupcakes.
- If by chance, you have over-beaten the frosting simply add a few teaspoons of cold heavy cream straight from the refrigerator and carefully blend it together with a spatula, it makes the cream perfect again!
- *If your preference is a less sweet frosting, simply use less powdered sugar.
STEP BY STEP PICTURES;