CARAMEL SUGAR-CONFECTIONARY SUGAR
- 2 CUPS SUGAR
- 2 TABLESPOON CORNFLOUR ( CORNSTARCH)
- Grease a nonstick half sheet pan, and set aside.
- Add sugar to a cast-iron skillet or a heavy deep medium saucepan.
- With a wooden spoon, stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and turns into a syrup.
- Continue stirring until the syrup turns into a dark amber color.
- Pour the hot sugar mixture into the prepared sheet pan.
- Leave to cool for 20 minutes.
- Once cool, tap the sheet pan on the counter, so the sugar caramel comes in many sugar caramel pieces.
- Place the crushed caramel sugar pieces into the food processor.
- Blend a few minutes, until it looks like sugar.
- Add in the cornflour (cornstarch). The cornstarch is important as it keeps the sugar dry.
- Blend it all together again until it turns into superfine sugar or confectionary sugar.
- At times stop, and stir with a spatula to make sure to mix it around so that it is all getting blended.
- After a few minutes run it through your fingers to feel the texture, keep blending until you are satisfied.
- Store your Homemade caramel sugar or your confectionary caramel sugar in an airtight container and it will keep indefinitely.
STEP BY STEP PICTURES: