Happy Valentine´s day love´s ♥
If you are planning to bake anything today, how about these chocolate cupcakes with a light pink vanilla cream?
I think a simple pink rose on top of a dark chocolate cupcake made of a delicious cream, that is light and fluffy and on top taste like vanilla ice-cream is for me the best cupcake for this day.
I have never been a fan of buttercream so this cream/frosting is perfect; the cream is tinted light pink, just because it´s my favorite color and because it is Valentine´s day.
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH PINK VANILLA FROSTING
- 3/4 CUP (170 G) UNSALTED BUTTER, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE, CUT INTO PIECES
- 1 1/3 CUPS (300 G) GRANULATED SUGAR
- 4 LARGE EGGS, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 2 CUPS + 1 TABLESPOON (225 G) ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR, SIFTED
- 3/4 CUP (85 GRAM) UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER, SIFTED
- 3/4 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
- TEASPOON SALT
- 1 CUP (236 ML) HOT STRONG COFFEE
- 1 CUP (236 ML) HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM, OR FULL MILK AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT
- VANILLA FROSTING, GET THE RECIPE HERE
- 1 PINK DROP OF PINK FOOD COLOR, OPTIONAL I USE DUSTY PINK FROM SUGARFLAIR
- WILTON 1#B NOZZLE
- HEART SPRINKLES, OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 350 F° (180C°).
- Line two cupcake pans with 16 paper liners.
- Sift flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl twice, and set aside.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about six minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing slowly after each addition, but not more than 30 seconds, add the vanilla bean paste while adding the last egg.
- Slowly add half the flour mixture to the butter mixture, then add the hot coffee, beating slowly until well incorporated, but not more than 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining flour mixture, followed by the heavy cream.
- Mix on medium speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Scoop the batter into baking cups so that each cup is about 3/4 full, I use a standard size ice-cream scoop for this.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Transfer the pans to a wire rack to cool for one minute then remove the baking cups from the baking pan, let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Make the vanilla frosting, get the recipe here;
- If you like add a drop of pink food color to get this beautiful pink, I used dusty pink from sugarflair.
- Use a piping bag and a Wilton 1#B nozzle, fill the bag with frosting and pipe a beautiful rose on top of the cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate as you wish!
STEP BY STEP PICTURES;