I love this frosting, the combination of raspberry and lemon goes so well together.
If you are using the cream on cupcakes, be aware because of the real fruit in the frosting, the color will change after some hours.
My recommendation is to decorate the cupcakes just before serving, this cream is made in minutes and the decoration is done in a few minutes too.
RASPBERRY &LEMON FROSTING
- 2 ¼ CUPS (500 ML) HEAVY CREAM, COLD
- 1 CUP (240 G) MASCARPONE, COLD
- 1 ¾ CUPS (195 G) POWDERED SUGAR, SIFTED
- 1 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA SUGAR
- 100 ML RASPBERRY PUREE, RECIPE HERE
- ZEST AND JUICE OF 1 LEMON
- In a bowl whisk together cold heavy cream, mascarpone, powdered sugar and vanilla bean paste until fluffy.
- Add cold raspberry puree, lemon zest, and lemon juice and with a spatula combine
- the frosting is now ready to use on cupcakes, or as a filling in cakes.
Step by step pictures below.