Soon it is Christmas, are you excited and do you bake the same cookies each year?
I do, my kids love the cookies I make and desserts, and they don’t want me to change that.
One of the cookies I make are these almond cookies; they are gooey on the inside and have a crust on the outside. These cookies I drizzled with dark chocolate, crushed candy cane, and coconut, the combination is magical.
These are the perfect Christmas cookies, and these cookies you can make in them in advance, as these cookie freezes so well. I hope you will try it,
The cookie dough is great to have it in the fridge overnight, it makes the cookies even better.
- 18 OUNCES (500 G) WHOLE ALMONDS
- 4 ½ CUPS (500 G) POWDERED SUGAR
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT ( OPTIONAL)
- 1 TABLESPOON LIGHT CORN SYRUP ( OPTIONAL)
- 3 -4 EGG WHITES (100- 130 ML)
- Tempered chocolate
- Crushed Candy Canes or Coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C)
- Make finely ground almond by using a nut grater.
- Add the grounded almonds in a large bowl, add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla bean paste, corn syrup and 3 egg whites ( you can add one more eggwhite if needed) and knead it so the dough comes together.
- Cover the dough and place the dough in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, Roll small pieces of dough into evenly sized balls or use
a medium-sized ice cream scoop to make these cookies.
- Place on two parchment-lined baking sheets and slightly flatten each cookie.
- Bake in the middle oven rack for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges begin to
turn golden brown.
- Let cool on baking sheets for a few minutes.
- Decorate by drizzling tempered chocolate; sprinkle crushed candycane or coconut on top.