Swedish Havreflarn is another one of my favorite cookies; they are crispy oatmeal cookies with an almost caramelized taste.
These cookies are often seen at the Ikea store, I fill my recipe with dark chocolate.
I love to make these cookiesÂ during the holiday seasons, and any time of the year, They are delicious together with tea and coffee and they are super easy to make.
Swedish Havreflarn Cookies ( 35-40 cookies)
- 200 grams unsalted butter, cold
- 150 grams sugar
- 250 grams oatmeal
- 38 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoonÂ egg whites
- Â½Â teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
For the Filling:
- 1 cup (175 grams) dark chocolateÂ
- sea salt for drizzling
- PreheatÂ oven to 180C/350F.
- Line two baking trays with parchment, or use a silicon matt like I do.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients, mix until combined until it forms a cookie dough.
- Form small balls about 1 teaspoon and leave just over an inch on all sides for spreading on your baking traysÂ
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool on the tray for five minutes and then cool on a rack where they will crisp up even further.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave.
- Add 1-2 teaspoonsÂ chocolate on one cookie, drizzle some sea salt on top ( optional)Â and sandwich two halves together with the melted chocolate.
Have a beautiful Sunday you all, and happy baking everyone,