I love coconut and chocolate and by adding a almond on top, you get an almond joy chocolate candybar.
Homemade is alwayÂ´s better and so more delicious, but donÂ´t forgetÂ to use vanilla bean paste it makes all the difference,Â the same goes for the chocolate, use a good quality chocolate that you can afford.
If you want to give these a festive and glamorous look, decorate with small pieces of edible gold leaves when the chocolate just starts to set.
Almond Joy Bounty ( Yields: 40)
- 1 can (400 g) sweetened condensed milk, cold
- 4 cups (400 g) desiccated coconut, or coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste
- 300 gram chocolate (dark or milk chocolate)
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- 40 almonds
- Put the cold sweetened condensed milk, desiccated coconut and vanilla paste into a bowl and mix well.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Using a small ice cream scoop make small balls of the mixture and place them on a lined tray.
- Flatten slightly and place one whole almond on top of each, pressing it into the coconut mixture with your finger.
- Chill again for 60 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave or using a water bath, and dip each of the almond joy bounties into the melted chocolate with a fork.
- Leave to set.
- These keep well in the fridge for 2 weeks.
Check back soon,