Kladdkaka is just gooey, chocolate yumminess, kind of like brownies but better! It is fudgy, it is sticky, and it just melts in your mouth. This chocolate cake is by far one of the most popular Fika treats in Sweden.
I made a christmas version of it, by adding a chocolate cream on top that is made from chocolate andÂ after eight , and as decoration on top, mint M&MÂ´S .
Just so you know, there is no need to make the cream, the cake it self is delicious just as it is and you can just add some after eight chocolateÂ into the batter before baking,Â and add some M&MÂ´S candy on top of the batter as well, but if you love it too look pretty and you love a lot of chocolate, you can never go wrong with chocolate.
Note; In this picture I made a double recipe of the Swedish Kladdkaka, the chocolate cream recipe is not doubled!Â
If you want, leave out the chocolate cream on top, instead add pieces of after eight right into the batter, and put some mint M&MÂ´S on top before you pop it into the oven.
If you want classic kladdkaka go here for the recipe;
SWEDISH KLADDKAKA FOR THE HOLIDAYS
- 2/3 cup (150 gram) butter, melted
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (240 gram) white sugarâ¨
- 1/3 cup (40 gram) unsweetened cocoa powderâ¨
- 1-2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, or vanilla sugar
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon (120 gram ) all-purpose flourâ¨
- 2 large eggsâ¨Â
- 1 pinch salt
- 300 gram heavy cream
- 200 gram dark chocolate chopped
- 6-7 pieces after eight ( optional)
- Preheat the oven toÂ 347 FÂ° 175 CÂ°.
- Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a saucepan,Â melt the butter, turn off the stove.
- Add the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt and with a large whisk combine.
- Whisk in one egg at the time, followed by vanilla bean paste.
- Sift in the flour, and with a whisk combine, until it is lump free.
- Pour batter in the prepared springform pan and smooth out.
- The batter will be very thick.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the top has hardened. The center should still be soft. ( i bake it for 18 minutes.)
- Cool the cake completely, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, so it becomes more firm
Directions for the cream;
- Whip the cream to soft peaks, refrigerate
- Melt the chocolate and after eight chocolate in the microwave and let it cool to 100/120 FÂ°
37.7/ 48.8 CÂ°. ( the temp of the meltet chocolate is so important when you fold it into the cream so make sure it is the right temp.)
- Whit a spatula fold in the whipped cream into the chocolate to combine.
- Right away spread the chocolate cream with an offset spatula over the kladdkaka
- If you wish add, mint m&m`s
STEP BY STEP PICTURES BELOW;