Hei sweet readers, Have you ever tried making Almond Roca, if the answer is no, I urge you to try it, it is so delicious, and perfect for the holidays. Almond Roca is a delicious, crunchy caramel candy that has chocolate coated toffee, topped with almond flakes and a little sea salt on top. The combination is amazing.
When you make this remember to use salted butter, and stirÂ constantly.
- 16 OUNCES (550 G) FLAKED OR CRUSHED ALMONDS
- 2 CUPS (450 G) SALTED BUTTER
- 2 Â½ CUPS (550 G) GRANULATED SUGAR
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT
- 2 – 9 OUNCE BAGS (566 G) DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS (53-70% COCOA SOLIDS)
- SEA SALT ( OPTIONAL)
- Line a standard size jelly roll pan (or large jelly roll pan for thinner candy) with parchment or a silicone baking liner. Sprinkle about half the flaked almonds onto the pan in an even layer.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. When the butter is melted, add the sugar and vanilla, stirring constantly with a heatproof spatula, until the temperature reaches 300Â°F (150Â°C), hard crack stage, or until the mixture is golden brown, with a silky, fluffy texture.
- Pour the mixture immediately on top of the flaked almonds in the pan, spreading it evenly with the heatproof spatula.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the warm caramel, and let stand for a minute or until the chocolate has melted. Using a palette knife spread the melted chocolate evenly. Sprinkle with sea salt and the remaining flaked almonds, lightly pressing them into the melted chocolate, then allow to cool completely. Chill for about 2 hours.
- Break the cooled toffee into pieces, and store in an airtight container in a cool place.
- Use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate; instead of almond flakes use pistachio, salted peanut or any other nuts of your choice; proceed as described.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do,
Have a great week you all, Love Manuela xo