I love fluff! Oh, my goodness it is delicious! You can swirl it on cupcakes or donuts , in-between cookies like myÂ or just take a spoon and enjoy it right out of the
bowl! This frosting has a lot of sugar in it, like most fluff recipes, so if you have a sweet tooth, this is perfect for you.
VIDEO, HOW TO MAKE FLUFF = COMING SOON!
- 1 CUP + 3 TABLESPOONS (225 G) SUPERFINE OR GRANULATED SUGAR
- Â½ CUP (120 G) LIGHT CORN SYRUP OR GLUCOSE SYRUP
- â CUP +1 TABLESPOON (90 ML) WATER
- â CUP (150 G) EGG WHITES
- 1 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE, OPTIONAL
- FOOD COLORING (OPTIONAL)
- Combine the sugar, light corn syrup and water in a small saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer.
- Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Once it has dissolved do not stir any longer and let it heat over a medium-low heat until the temperature reaches 240ÂºF (117ÂºC).
- Wipe the inside of a stainless steel standing mixer bowl and the whisk attachment with a paper towel moistened with a little lemon juice to eliminate any trace of grease.
- Add egg whites to standing mixer bowl and mix on low speed; as soon as it begins to foam add the 3 tablespoons of sugar, a tablespoon at a time.
- When syrup reaches 240ÂºF (117ÂºC), slowly pour the sugar syrup into the egg whites, aiming for the side of the bowl, rather than the whisk.
- When all syrup has been added, turn the mixer to medium-high speed and whisk until the frosting becomes thick and glossy and holds a firm peak; bowl will feel slightly warm.
- Once frosting is ready, add the vanilla bean paste and a drop of food coloring (optional) and mix until just combined.
Yields: about 4 cups